1. Bookings are made online using the Supercontrol booking system on our website. Please contact us directly if you have any queries about the cottages or how to book.
2. The rent includes bedlinen and towels.
As part of our Environmental Policy, guests take responsibility for their own heating and electricity usage during their stay. Both are metered and guests pay the end of their stay by cheque or in cash. We take this into consideration when setting the cottage prices.
3. We prefer payments made by bank transfer, but if you prefer, payments can be made by debit or credit card via the SuperControl booking system. We also accept cheques (made out to Treshnish Partnership).
4. Deposit payments are non-refundable. In the event of a guest’s cancellation of a booking, we cannot, in any circumstances, return the deposit.
However, if we manage to re-let the cottage, we will return the balance already paid (but not the deposit).
We strongly advise that guests take out holiday insurance.
Bookings are non transferable. If you are not able to take the booking yourself, this will be interpreted as a cancellation. You cannot transfer your booking on to another party.
Should an unforeseen circumstance prevent us from being able to accommodate you once your booking has been confirmed, we will refund the full amount you have paid to us at that time. We would do everything we could to help you find alternative accommodation, but the value of your holiday is limited to the cost of the rental of the cottage from us.
5. The balance is due 60 days before arrival. If booking a cottage within 60 days of arrival, the full amount will be payable at the time of booking. If paying by card, you can choose to have the balance taken automatically.
6. A maximum of 2 dogs per cottage is permitted. There is a £15 charge per dog per booking.
Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. They must bring their own bedding and not get onto the furniture.
Dogs should be wormed and treated for fleas before arrival, and must be walked under close control at all times (because we are a livestock farm).
Pet owners must ensure that they clean up after their pets in the cottage gardens.
7. Guests for the Treshnish Cottages (SHIAN, DUILL, STUDIO, SHIELING) are welcome to arrive after 5pm on Friday and must depart by 10am on the morning of departure.
Guests for the Haunn Cottages (TOECHTAMHOR, EAST, MIDDLE, WEST) are welcome to arrive after 5pm on Saturday and must depart by 10am on the morning of departure.
8. Ecological cleaning materials are provided so that guests can leave the cottage as clean as they find it.
We reserve the right to charge guests for extra cleaning should the cottage require it on departure.
9. Any extras, such as electricity, heating and logs, must be paid for by cheque or in cash at the end of your stay.
10. Studio, Toechtamhor, Shieling and Middle are inspected and graded by VisitScotland. Shian, Duill, West and East are equipped and furnished to a similar standard as Middle (3*) but are not in the VisitScotland grading scheme.
11. All the Treshnish & Haunn Cottages are non-smoking.
12. There is WIFI in the Phone Room at the farm, for guests to use for checking emails, weather forecasts et cetera. Due to our remote location, we can only get Satellite Broadband. We cannot be held responsible should the broadband signal become unavailable.
13. Mobile phone reception is patchy on the island so there is a landline in the Phone Room which guests are welcome to use.
14. Sometimes it is necessary to gain entry to the cottage in the middle of a week (for example to allow for routine appliance testing or to allow tradesmen to carry out repairs). We will always try to give notice before gaining access but we reserve the right to enter the cottage at any reasonable time without notice should the need arise.
15. Please bring your own swimming/beach towels.