Treshnish & Haunn Cottages
Booking Conditions November 2019
1. Guests for the Treshnish Cottages (SHIAN, DUILL, STUDIO, SHIELING) are welcome to arrive after 5pm on Friday and must depart by 10am on the morning of departure.
Guests for the Haunn Cottages (TOECHTAMHOR, EAST, MIDDLE, WEST) are welcome to arrive after 5pm on Saturday and must depart by 10am on the morning of departure.
Guests who have booked a Short Break should check the Booking Summary carefully for their arrival and departure times as the above reference to arrivals on a Friday or Saturday may not apply.
2. The rent includes bedlinen and towels, but not heating or electricity. As part of our Environmental Policy, guests take responsibility for their own heating and electricity usage during their stay. Both are metered and guests pay the end of their stay by cheque or in cash. We allow for this cost when setting the cottage rental prices.
3. We prefer payments made by bank transfer or by cheque (made out to Treshnish Partnership). Payments can also be made by debit or credit card via the Supercontrol booking system and we do not charge a supplement for this.
4. On confirmation of a booking, the guest is liable for the full payment of the booking cost not less than 60 days before arrival. If booking a cottage within 60 days of arrival, the full amount will be payable at the time of booking.
5. Cancellations: We strongly advise that guests take out holiday insurance.
Deposit payments are non-refundable. In the event of a guest’s cancellation of a booking, we cannot, in any circumstances, return the deposit. However, if we are successful in re-letting the cottage, we will return the balance that has been paid, less an administration charge and any discount we may have had to apply to the value of the booking.
Bookings are non transferable. If you are not able to take the booking yourself, this will be interpreted as a cancellation. You cannot transfer your booking on to another party.
Should an unforeseen circumstance (such as a flood, fire or breakdown in the cottage) prevent us from being able to accommodate you once your booking has been confirmed, we will refund the full amount you have paid to us at that time. We would do everything we could to help you find alternative accommodation, but the value of your holiday is limited to the cost of the rental of the cottage from us, and you shall have no further claim against us.
6. A maximum of 2 dogs per cottage is permitted. There is a £20 charge per dog per booking. Occasionally we will accept 3 dogs – please contact us before making a booking. Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. They must bring their own bedding and not get onto the furniture. Dogs should be wormed and treated for fleas before arrival, and must be walked under close control at all times (because we are a livestock farm). Pet owners must ensure that they clean up after their pets in the cottage gardens.
7. Guests should leave the cottage as clean as they find it, and we provide a range of eco-friendly cleaning products for this purpose.
8. We reserve the right to charge guests for extra cleaning should the cottage require it on departure.
9. Any extras, such as electricity, heating and logs, must be paid for by cheque or in cash at the end of your stay.
10. Toechtamhor (4*) and West (3*) are inspected and graded by VisitScotland. Studio is a similar standard to Toechtamhor whilst the other cottages are equipped and furnished to a similar standard as West but they are not in the VisitScotland grading scheme.
11. All the Treshnish & Haunn Cottages are non-smoking.
12. Wi-Fi: Toechtamhor, Studio, Shian, Shieling and Duill: 10Gb Wi-fi allowance per week. This is included in the rent. Because of our remote location we cannot buy an unlimited broadband package. Therefore we are not able to provide guests with unlimited Wi-fi.We cannot be held responsible should the broadband signal become unavailable, for whatever reason.
East, Middle and West: There is WIFI in the Phone Room at the farm for guests staying in East, Middle and West to use for checking emails, weather forecasts et cetera. Use is limited to light browsing as we cannot buy an unlimited package. We cannot be held responsible should the broadband signal become unavailable.
13. There is 3G/4G Vodafone and EE mobile signal at Treshnish – however mobile phone reception is patchy elsewhere on the island. There is a landline in the Phone Room which guests are welcome to use.
14. Sometimes it is necessary to gain entry to the cottage in the middle of a week (for example to allow for routine appliance testing or to allow tradesmen to carry out repairs). We will always try to give notice before gaining access but we reserve the right to enter the cottage at any reasonable time without notice should the need arise.
15. Because of our remote location we are unable to have mains water supply. The Treshnish Cottages water supply is from a borehole. Toechtamhor and the Haunn Blackhouses (East, Middle and West) water comes from 2 separate springs. All supplies are filtered and treated with UV light. They are regularly tested and maintained in accordance with current regulations.
16. Please bring your own swimming/beach towels.
17. We reserve the right to update and modify the booking conditions at any time.
Treshnish & Haunn Cottages
Isle of Mull