This is the Treshnish Environmental Policy 2023
We review and update the Treshnish Green Policy every year. Our aim is to ensure that we continue to improve on our environmental performance and that it reflects our changing world.
Treshnish Environmental Policy 2023
We manage an environmentally aware sustainable tourism business on a family run High Nature Value farm here at Treshnish on the Isle of Mull. We have been members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme since 1997, and Gold Award holders for over 20 years.
What this means is that we…
- Comply with the relevant environmental regulations and legislation as a minimum level of performance.
- Have a firm commitment to continuous improvement.
- Are committed to raising awareness of green issues with everyone we work with.
- Review our performance regularly, audited by the Green Tourism Business Scheme every 2 years.
- Monitor energy usage and energy generation, striving towards being ‘energy neutral’.
- Continue to improve our energy efficiency and water usage.
- Work to reduce our carbon emissions and other greenhouse gases.
- Promote the use of public transport.
- Use natural and environmentally friendly products and services, as routine.
- Are careful to minimize use of hazardous and toxic substances.
- Strive to minimise waste. (Bulk ordering, reusing, recycling).
- Source Fairtrade, ethical products and services wherever we can. We support socially responsible practice.
- Work with and support our local community on projects including the Mull and Iona Food Trail, Friends of Calgary Bay, Mull Native Woodlands Group and the Mull and Iona Ranger Service.
- Invite feedback from our guests as to how we can improve on our environmental performance.
To find out more about the Treshnish Environmental Policy 2023, please go to our Environment Page. This explains in more detail what we do! If you have any questions which aren’t answered there, please feel welcome to email us.
Sustainable Farming and Tourism
Your stay here makes a big difference! Farmers have long been advised to diversify to make their businesses more sustainable. Treshnish has been welcoming guests to stay in our farm holiday cottages for decades. The income generated from this helps support the farming business and enables us to continue to look after the land beneficially for the environment. Have a look at our Farming pages to see what we do.