We update the Treshnish Green Policy every year to ensure that we continue to improve on our environmental performance and it reflects a changing world. We manage an environmentally aware sustainable tourism business on a family run High Nature Value farm here at Treshnish. We have been members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme since 1997, and Gold Award holders since 2002.
What this means is:
- We comply with the relevant environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance.
- We have a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- We are committed to raising awareness of green issues with everyone we work with, both on the farm and in the cottages.
- We review our performance regularly and are audited by GTBS every 2 years.
- We monitor energy usage and energy generation, striving towards being ‘energy neutral’.
- We work to reduce our carbon emissions and other greenhouse gases. We carbon offset through ClimateCare.
- We are careful to minimize use of hazardous and toxic substances.
- We promote the use of public transport.
- We are involved with our local community on projects including the Mull and Iona Food Trail, sustainable transport, the Mull and Iona Ranger Service and local housing.
- We are continuing to improve our energy efficiency and water usage.
- We use natural and environmentally friendly products and services, as routine.
- We strive to minimise waste. (Bulk ordering, reusing, recycling).
- We source Fairtrade, ethical products and services wherever we can. We support socially responsible practice.
To find out more about the Treshnish Green Policy 2017, please go to our Environment Page, and if you have any questions which aren’t answered there, please feel welcome to email us.