Treshnish & Haunn Cottages Covid statement
The Treshnish & Haunn Cottages Covid statement was first drafted on June 23rd 2020. It was last updated on June 17th 2022. Please read it in its entirety.
June 17th 2022:
In the last 2 months society seems to have dropped its guard against Covid, but we want to reassure you that we are continuing to follow the same Covid Cleaning Protocol as before: we still ‘fog’ each cottage after guests leave, and again when the changeover is completed. In addition we rest all bedding and pillows for 7 days between bookings.
We are experiencing more cancellations at short notice now than before, from guests who cannot travel because they have got Covid.
We strongly recommend taking out holiday insurance (that includes Covid related cancellations) to cover your holiday should you have to cancel at short notice and we are unable to relet the cottage.
We have updated several areas of the information below. Please re-read in full.
Our priority is to ensure our cottages are properly prepared and disinfected in line with Scottish Government guidelines before your arrival to minimise risk to our guests, our staff and the island community.
Behind the scenes:
- Risk assessments: We have a Covid-19 Risk Assessment which we review on a regular basis.
- Training: We have done the ASSC approved training for the Scottish Government approved Covid cleaning protocols.
- Products: We will be using the usual cleaning materials we always use for deep cleaning, and sanitising with products with the required EN14476 number for eliminating viruses.
- Covid-19 Terms & Conditions: Additional Covid-19 Terms & Conditions must be read and accepted when final payments are made before arrival.
- We supply your bedlinen and towels.
- Bedding: we have duplicate bedding so can ‘quarantine’ duvets and pillows for a week between use.
- Fogging: we use an environmentally friendly fogging machine to sanitise the cottage once it has been cleaned. Most fogging machines involve the user wearing full PPE but this one is safe to use without any PPE, and more importantly it doesn’t leave any harmful residues.
- We fog the cottage once guests have departed and then again once we have finished getting the cottage ready for new guests.
What our guests will be doing:
- Because of Covid, we will only make up the actual beds required for each booking. If you have booked a cottage with more than one bed and want an extra bed to be made up please let us know before you arrive.
- The contents of the kitchen cupboards will be clean, and guests may wish to re-wash them in hot soapy water before use.
On departure, we respectively ask that:
- Guests leave the cottage as clean as they found it on arrival, as per booking conditions.
- Guests strip the beds and put the used bedlinen and towels in the white laundry bag provided.
- Guests remove the duvet, mattress protector and pillows from each bed and put into the coloured laundry bags provided. They will ‘quarantine’ for a week, we bring a fresh set for the next guests.
- Please leave the sofa throws and cushions on the sofas.
- The contents of the cupboards must be left clean.
- Guests leave the windows slightly open to allow fresh air to circulate. This is to reduce the risk of airborne virus when we go in.
Arrival and departures times:
- Arrival time is after 5pm.
- Departure time is 9.30am. It is really crucial that guests leave on time.
- We are no longer showing guests in on arrival, but hope we will see you outside during your stay, at a social distance.
In the cottage itself:
- There is a digital Guest Book for each cottage. This should be downloaded before arrival. It can be used offline, or printed if need be. You will receive an email inviting you to download it. We can also email this to you as a PDF.
- We have removed some non essential soft furnishings – such as bedspreads and some cushions.
- Some non essential decorative objects have been removed from the cottages.
- Books will remain, but they have not been sanitised and guests should wash their hands after touching them.
- There is 4G EE, 02 and Vodafone mobile phone signal on the farm, so those using providers associated with EE, 02 and Vodafone will have signal – if not in the cottage itself then nearby.
- Guests in West, East and Middle can access limited internet from the Hub (previously the Phone Room) at the farm.
- There is unlimited broadband in the 4 Treshnish Cottages and Toechtamhor.
Out and about on the farm:
- We look forward to a socially distanced chat if we see you out and about.
Symptoms of Covid-19:
- Please do not travel if you or any of your party are unwell and have possible symptoms of Covid-19. Government advice is to isolate and arrange a PCR test.
Please look at the Calmac website for up to date ferry information.
Local website with massive amount of information relating to Mull and Iona Covid-19: Mull Health.
Please read the Visit Mull and Iona Visitor Charter here.
For information on what will be open in 2022, please visit the Visit Mull and Iona website.
If you have any queries please get in touch by email. In spite of all this we will be giving you a warm welcome, albeit from a social distance!