Treshnish & Haunn Cottages Covid statement
The Treshnish & Haunn Cottages Covid statement was first drafted on June 23rd 2020. We will update it when we have more information. Revised July 4th 2020.
We will have to do certain things differently this summer to ensure that we can manage the increased work load in preparing the cottages for guests, in line with Government cleaning protocols. We are still working out what this will entail but wanted to warn you that we will have to make changes. We want to ensure our cottages are properly cleaned and disinfected before your arrival to minimise risk to our guests, our staff and our community.
We will confirm all this with those who have already booked to stay with us, as soon as we have finalised our Action Plan.
- The Phone Room is closed this year – access the internet from outside the building
- We will not be showing guests in on arrival
- We will ask for names and contact details of all guests should the need arise for contact tracing
- We ask guests to bring their own bedlinen and towels, bathmats, kitchen towels etc.
- Arrival time will be an hour later – at 6pm
- Departure time will be an hour earlier – at 9am
- We have removed the non essential soft furnishings – such as cushions and bedspreads, from the cottages
- We have removed non-essential decoration – such as decorative objects, from the cottages
- In the cottages which don’t have a dishwasher, the crockery will be out on the worktop. Guests will need to wash it in hot soapy water before putting it away.
- In the cottages with a dishwasher, you might need to empty the dishwasher and put everything away on arrival
- If a guest should have symptoms of Covid-19 whilst staying here, current legislation is that they must travel home immediately. However at the moment Calmac will not carry passengers with Covid-19. This could mean you have to stay on in our cottage. If this is the case, we will have to charge for the additional time in the cottage, at the full price, and also for extra cleaning afterwards.
- Guests should be aware that if someone staying in the cottage before your arrival shows symptoms of Covid-19, there is a possibility your booking will be cancelled, at short notice. Obviously we hope not to have to resort to this, but it is a possibility.
Things to be aware of:
- Currently Calmac are operating a 14 days in advance booking system for the restricted service on the Oban Craignure route. If you have an existing booking, it may have been cancelled. Check with Calmac directly.
- A lot of eating places will not be operating in the same way this year. Some are not opening, others are only offering takeaways.
- Turus Mara is hoping to do some trips to the Treshnish Isles.
- Mull Magic will be operating this summer.
- Nature Scotland is hoping to offer guided tours this summer – contact them for details.
- The Boathouse on Ulva is closed for the rest of the season.
If you have any queries please get in touch by email. In spite of all this we will be giving you a warm welcome, albeit from a social distance!